January 8, 2012

Bath Vanity - Making Progress

Called my sister for help installing sink and glad I did since she has more plumbing experience.  Because the sink location  changed we needed to install new pipe so this required a trip to the hardware store.  Hours later after tracking down and fixing leaks we were finally finished thanks to my sister's determination. 
Managed to find mirror I liked at Hobby Lobby.  The price was reduced to $35 because of scuff marks, but I plan on refinishing it so that didn't matter.


We answered a newspaper ad by a local tile installer that was cleaning out his warehouse and offering tile at rediculous prices.  I got this marble tile at a $1 a piece and purchased 20.  My sister has a tile cutter so installing the tile was a pretty easy job, just messy.  The 3 inch decorative tile trim came from Lowes and really compliments the cream color in the marble.
There is nothing like crown molding to dress up a room.  Thankfully we are getting better with our angle cuts and don't waste as much wood.

Please check back for the final results!


No comments:

Post a Comment